Beidh dátaí do chúrsaí 2024 ar fáil go luath! Beidh clárúcháin oscailte ón 24ú Déardaoin 2024. Registration for 2024 will be open on 24th Thursday 2024.
Cúrsaí / Courses
- All cúrsaí A, B, C, D are suitable for all students - from 1st - 6th year.
- Students will be assigned to classes, dependent on what stage they are in, at school.
Dátaí / Dates
- Cúrsa A: 1/6/2024 - 15/6/2024 Course A is now full for girls.
- Cúrsa B: 17/6/2024 - 1/7/2024
- Cúrsa C: 3/7/2024 - 17/7/2024
- Cúrsa D: 19/7/2024 - 2/8/2024
Costaisí / Fees
- Course A : €920.
- Course B: €920
- Course C: €920
- Course D: €920
- Balance + travel to be forwarded before May 1st.
- Travel costs include Coach and Boat return fare. Travel from Dublin €50 , Athlone €40 and Ros a' Mhíl €30.
- Travel arrangements will be forwarded 14 days before the course commences.
Agallamh agus Cruinnithe Eolais / Interviews and information meetings
Interviews and information meetings will be held early in 2024. Interviews are necessary for all first time applicants. The purpose of these interviews is not only to determine the level of competency in Irish of the applicants but also to explain our Riail na Gaeilge, regarding the speaking of Gaeilge etc during the course. An overview of the Coláiste, a typical day and activities will also be given at these meetings. It is also a great opportunity for parents and students to ask questions they may have.
They will be held at convenient locations to parents/students and a parent/guardian is expected to attend with each applicant.
Plean an Lae / Daily Programme
Luan go Satharn
Monday to Saturday
- Monday to Saturday 10.30 a.m –1.30 p.m : Formal classes.
- 3.00p.m –5.00p.m. Games, swimming, canoeing, cycling etc.
- 7.30 –9.30 p.m. Céilí, Drámaí, Singing, etc
An Domhnach / Sunday
- Students will visit the main village on the island, Cill Rónáin.
- Families are encouraged to visit over the weekend as well, if they wish to do so.
Lóistín / Accommodation
- Students will be accommodated in private houses with Irish speaking families that are approved by Roinn na Gaeltachta.
- A menu will be agreed with the Bean an Tí, which is varied and healthy. We allow two / three friends together if requested in advance.
- Information Giving Session: will be provided throughout the country as required.
Íocaíochtaí agus Aisíocaíochtaí / Payments and cancellation policy
- A deposit of €200 reserves a place on any of our courses.
- The deposit (€200) is non-refundable except in the case of students who do not obtain a place in with us.
- €50 of this deposit is an administration cost and is non-refundable.The preparation costs, or administration fee, covers those costs incurred by the college for the planning and coordination of summer courses. This administration fee is applied to each booking and is non-refundable for all registered bookings.
- We allow a discount of €50 each for groups of 5, returning students and the second member of any family who books a course with us.
- Places are limited so early booking is advised!
- Information sessions will be held throughout the country in early April for those who are new to Irish Colleges. The main aim of these meetings will be to answer any questions that parents and students may have about the course.
Polasaí Cheallaithe /Cancellation Policy
Course fees are comprised of preparation costs that are incurred in advance of courses and delivery costs that are incurred during courses. The preparation costs, or administration fee, covers those costs incurred by the college for the planning and coordination of summer courses. This administration fee is applied to each booking and is non-refundable for all registered bookings.
At least four weeks’ notice in writing of any cancellation must be given. Refund of fees will only be considered on medical grounds and such applications for refunds must be accompanied by a medical certificate. An administration fee of €50 is non-refundable in all cases.
An administration fee of €50 will apply to all cancellations.