- Ages 11-18.
- Cúrsa A will have a special focus on the Junior Cert.
- Cúrsa B + C will be suitable for both Junior and Leaving Cert students.
- Course D will be for student leaders.
- Course A: 05/06/18 – 26/06/18
- Course B: 29/06/18 – 20/07/18
- Course C: 22/07/18 – 12/08/18
- Course D: 2/4/18 – 7/4/18 (Course for student leaders)
- Course A : €970.
- Course B: €950.
- Course C: €950.
- Course D: €320. Deposit of €100 secures a place.
- Balance + travel to be forwarded before May 1st.
- Travel arrangements will be forwarded 14 days before the course commences.
Interviews are necessary for all first time applicants. The purpose of the interviews is not only to determine the level of competency in Irish of the applicants but also to explain the regulations regarding the speaking of Irish etc during the course.
Interviews will be held in early April 2018 at convenient locations to parents/students and at least one parent/guardian is expected to attend with each applicant.
Monday to Saturday
- Monday to Saturday 10.30 a.m –1.30 p.m : Formal classes.
- 3.00p.m –5.00p.m. Games, swimming, canoeing, Cycling etc.
- 7.30 –9.30 p.m. Céilí, Drámaí, Singing, Line Dancing etc.
- Students will be accommodated in private houses with Irish speaking families that are approved by Roinn na Gaeltachta.
- A menu will be agreed with the Bean an Tí, which is varied and healthy. We allow two / three friends together if requested in advance.
- Information Giving Session: will be provided throughout the country as required.
- A deposit of €100 reserves a place on any of our courses.
- The deposit (€100) is non-refundable except in the case of students who do not obtain a place in An Coláiste as a result of the interview.
- No refund will be made in the case of non-completion of a course or in cases of dismissal.
- We allow a discount of €100 each for groups of 5 and also for returning students booking before October 1st. This reduction is also available to returning students and for a second member of any family.
- Places are limited so early booking is advised!
- Information sessions will be held throughout the country in early April for those who are new to Irish Colleges. The main aim of these meetings will be to answer any questions that parents and students may have about the course.
Beidh an cúrsa seo ag diriú isteach ar ról, dualgaisí agus freagrachtaí cinnirí agus cúntóirí Coláiste Ó Direáin.
It will prepare young people for the duties and responsibilities of holding the role of cinnire or cúntóir. Focus will be on the skills required in various sports, cycling, drama, music, and dancing to name but a few!
Should you attend Coláiste Ó Direáin?
A Day In The Coláiste
A typical day in Coláiste Ó Direáin begins :
8.30am – 9.00am:
Rising time and breakfast
10.30 a.m. - 1.30 p.m:
1.30 p.m. - 3.00 p.m:
3.00 p.m. - 5.00 p.m.
Games /Swimming/Canoeing/Cycling etc.
5.00 p.m. - 7.30 p.m.
7.30 p.m. - 9.30 p.m.
Céilí dancing; Drama, Singing, Line Dancing,Seisiúin ceoil; Quiz, etc.
Supper with host family